(For part 1 click here)
In São Paulo…
10) …if nobody saw it, then it didn’t happen. Especially in traffic.
11) …God is a big deal, he is in, like, every sentence.
12) …they think you are a lunatic for wanting a vaginal birth.
13) …obstetrics will lie to you if you want a vaginal birth to try to get you to change your mind.
14) …it’s normal to put a uniform on your maid and refer to them as if they were of a different species, e.g. “we have more maids than people in our home”.
15) …cash is bigger than king.
16) …every household has a kitchen cloth covering their stove.
17) …everyone hates Cariocas (people from Rio de Janeiro) and vice versa.
18) …everyone works ridiculously long hours and spends another few getting to and from work.
19) …people spend a fortune on kid’s birthday parties, often at a rented venue with entertainers, waiters and valet parking.
20) …they don’t know what “cozy” means or how to incorporate it into their homes.
…to be continued!